If meal preparation has become a chore instead of a joy, a disorganized kitchen could be to blame. If you spend half an hour scouring the kitchen for the right ingredients or searching in vain for a missing spatula, getting dinner on the table will be that much harder.
When your kitchen is disorganized, every part of meal preparation, from following the recipe to getting the dishes on the table, will be more difficult, but you do not have to live with that disorganization one day longer. Here are 10 smart kitchen organization tips that will make meal preparation easier.
1. Organize your spice rack alphabetically. If you're tired of searching for spices, alphabetizing your spice rack can make meal preparation easier. No more searching in vain for the onion powder or wondering where the paprika disappeared to.
2. Use drawer dividers to keep serving utensils neat and organized. Strategic drawer organization can make serving your favorite dishes easier than ever.
3. Sort frying pans by size. Finding the right frying pan in a crowded cabinet can be frustrating, but sorting by size can remove some of the guesswork.
4. Store baking essentials in color-coded containers. Color-coded organization can make your baking duties easier and eliminate any confusion.
5. Make measurement easier with keyring attached measuring cup sets. These sets can make preparing your favorite recipes simpler than ever.
6. Add wall-mounted shelves for your favorite cookbooks. Keeping your cookbooks neat and organized with wall-mounted shelves will put your favorite recipes right where you need them.
7. Be smart about pantry organization
. The way you organize your pantry can make a big difference in your meal preparation, so do what works best for you. Whether you sort by ingredient, frequency of use or box size, reorganizing the pantry
can enhance your meal preparation.
8. Invest in good lighting. Lack of light is a real problem in many kitchens, so fight it with task lighting, under-drawer LED strips and other creative lighting solutions.
9. Time your meals with a wall-mounted clock. Having a dedicated cooking time clock, complete with timer and alarm, will make meal preparation easier - no more burned roasts or overdone chicken.
10. Keep leftover containers handy
. Those freezer and microwave-safe containers are good for more than just leftovers, so keep them close at hand. Don't forget to vacuum seal
your leftovers to store them even longer! Our handy boxed vacuum seal roll with cutter
makes trimming your bags to the perfect size even easier than using scissors.
Preparing meals for your family should be fun, not a source of daily drudgery. If you are dreading meal preparation, you might want to take a look around your kitchen. The 10 organizational hacks listed above can make meal prep easier, so you can spend more time with your family. Check out our Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning too for even more tips to help you in the kitchen.