Posted on October 02 2019
Zucchini not only has a ton of health benefits, but it is composed largely of water which is released during baking to keep your bread extra moist. Much like banana bread, this classic zucchini bread is delicious and tender and even better on day two!
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini - lightly packed (do not drain liquid)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (try making your own applesauce)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" x 5" inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the grated zucchini, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until no dry flour remains, trying not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 54 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the bread should come out with moist crumbs on it.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store covered in the refrigerator. (This bread is best served after it has been refrigerated for at least 12 hours.)
- Vacuum seal leftover bread to enjoy later. Use the manual/pulse mode. Learn more about vacuum sealing bread here.
This roasted whole chicken turns out moist and delicious, with a crisp skin every time! And with only 5 ingredients andRead More
Fresh and flavorful Garlic Bread warm from the oven! It's the perfect addition to any Italian style dinner, a complementRead More