Posted on January 06 2021
Making crispy chicken wings doesn’t always have to require boiling oil. These oven-baked chicken wings are deliciously crispy, and Northern Valley Spice Co. Island Jerk seasoning adds a savory, warm-spiced coating of flavor to the outside. Tossing the wings in butter at the end makes them juicy enough that a dipping sauce isn’t even needed - just eat them fresh from the oven for the perfect snack or appetizer.
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken wings, tips trimmed and separated into drumettes and flats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbs. Northern Valley Spice Co. Island Jerk, with more to taste
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
PREPARATION1. Toss wings with baking powder, salt, and Island Jerk seasoning in a large bowl. Refrigerate uncovered for at least 1 hour, or for crispiest results, overnight.
2. Heat oven to 450F and adjust oven rack to an upper-middle position. Set a wire rack inside of a rimmed baking sheet, or, if you don’t have a rack that will fit in a baking sheet, you can just use the baking sheet - the wings will just be slightly less crispy. Arrange wings on rack or sheet, leaving a little space between each piece. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip wings and bake until crisp and golden brown, 15-30 more minutes, flipping a few more times towards the end for the most even browning.
3. Transfer hot wings to a large bowl and immediately add butter. Toss until butter melts and coats wings. Taste for seasoning and add more Island Jerk seasoning and/or kosher salt if desired.