Posted on December 19 2016
It's that time of year! With all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, we can find ourselves over-spending, over-eating and certainly over-doing-it. Here are some quick tips (using vacuum sealer bags of course) for getting back 'under' control.
1) An easy first one is to seal up those leftover holiday meals right away. With dinner's out, friends over and more food on the table, it's easy to end up with a lot of waste. The holiday schedule may mean no time for leftovers within the safe window of 2-3 days, so pack them up and freeze them for January. What a treat it will be to have a ready made meal after a cold January day of shoveling.
2) A bit more work, but worth it, is prepping some small vacuum sealer bags full of cut-up fruit, nuts or vegetables for snacking. Keep these in the front of the fridge or even in your cold car, so they are available when you are running around. Better to refuel with a quick healthy snack than dig in to the Christmas cookies you are giving as gifts.
3) Vacuum seal a blanket, extra hat and warm gloves, and a flashlight into a small pack for the trunk of the car. It will take very little space, but may come in handy for the unexpected storm or car trouble. Plus, they will stay dry and compact all winter long.
4) Head outside for some relaxation! Cross country skiing, snow-shoeing or even making a snowman is sure to reduce your stress level. Make sure your smartphone stays dry by sealing it up in a small bag. All the controls work and you can romp with the snow and slush without worrying about water damage.
5) Save those cards to enjoy when you have more time. Kid's art, holiday cards or any important papers are preserved longer when you remove the harmful effects of moisture and oxygen. Throw all of the photo cards and letters you receive into a quart bag and pull them out to read later. Save cards this way year after year to enjoy those photos when the kids are all grown.
FoodVacBags wishes you a safe and happy holiday season!