Posted on September 30 2018
Typically, game animals are divided into several different types of hunting and fishing categories for regulatory purposes.
The different hunting categories, along with example species, are as follows:
- Big game: white-tailed deer, mule deer, moose, elk, caribou, bear, bighorn sheep, pronghorn, boar, javelina, bison
- Small game: rabbit, hare, squirrel, opossum, raccoon, porcupine, skunk, ring-tailed cat, armadillo, ruffed grouse
- Furbearers: beaver, red fox, mink, pine marten, musk rat, otter, bobcat
- Predators: cougar (mountain lion and panther), wolf, coyote Upland game bird: grouse, woodcock, chukar, pheasant, quail, dove
- Waterfowl: duck, teal, merganser, geese, swan
Hunting big game typically requires a "tag" for each animal harvested. Tags must be purchased in addition to the hunting license, and the number of tags issued to an individual is typically limited.
In cases where there are more prospective hunters than the quota for that species, tags are usually assigned by lottery. Tags may be further restricted to a specific area, or wildlife management unit.
Different Types of Hunting & Fishing Weaponry
- Bow, Crossbow and Archery
- Guns & Muzzleloaders
- Fishing Poles, Lines, Nets
Most Popular Vacuum Seal Products:
Hunting Related Articles You May Like
Hunting 101: Being Safe in the Woods
Top 6 Hunting & Fishing Vacuum Seal Tips
Why Hunters Need a Vacuum Sealer
Hunting Equipment & Gear Checklist - FREE Download!
What Dogs Make the Best Hunting Partner?
Other Vacuum Seal Related Articles
What Can I (and Can't) Vacuum Seal?
Why Should I Vacuum Seal? Use, Tips & Benefits
Benefits of Using Oxygen Absorbers
Safety Guidelines for Vacuum Sealing
Can You Boil The Food Saver Bags?
Can You Vacuum Seal Fresh Vegetables?
Can You Vacuum Seal Frozen Meat?
Share Your Vacuum Seal Uses!
Tell us how you love to use your vacuum seal bags, rolls and sealers!